Hall Bros Coventry

1945 – 1960s

IMG 0999 

On demobilisation in 1945 Hall Bros resumed trading in an era of rapid redevelopment, building primarily council houses for the ever growing population of the city. 

The first private developments were twenty houses at Hinckley Road (pictured above), and more developments in Shirley Road and Regina Crescent, consisting of semi-detached houses and bungalows, built in 1955.

In addition, Shulman’s Walk, Mardol Close and Gresley Road were built and these consisted principally of bungalows, some of which were intended for nuclear families which at the time was an innovative development.

There were several other significant developments around this time, for example Hall Bros constructed a new factory for the expanding AP Metalcraft, a local company specialising in pressed metal work, doing much work for the Admiralty and for Coventry’s rapidly expanding industrial base. The relationship with this company continued for over 60 years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another project which Bob was particularly proud of was the construction of the Salvation Army Citadel in Camden Street, Stoke. 

 

 

Another project which Bob was particularly proud of was the construction of the Salvation Army Citadel in Camden Street, Stoke.